Library Loot and more

I came across Alessandra and Eva's Library Loot meme last week and thought that since I had a big library haul this week I'd show off what I picked up.

* The Origin of Lament - Emma Magenta

* The Never Boys - Scott Monk

* This Lullaby - Sarah Dessen

* Friction - E.R. Frank

* An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

* Hey Nostradamus! - Douglas Coupland

* A Little Rain on Thursday - Mark Rubinstein

* The Geographer's Library - Jon Fasman

* The Book of Air and Shadow - Michael Gruber

* On Beauty - Zadie Smith

* Blankets - Craig Thompson

~*~*~*~

And all these books have made their way into my house since the beginning of the year. I don't feel too guilty cause the pile on the left are all from library/market sales and the pile on the right is my last book order from 2008 (the last book only just arrived). So TECHNICALLY speaking I didn't break my 'no new books' rule.

* Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator - Roald Dahl

* The Witches - Roald Dahl

* Eldest - Christopher Paolini

* Hogfather - Terry Pratchett

* Lords and Ladies - Terry Pratchett

* The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents - Terry Pratchett

* Faust/Eric - Terry Pratchett

* Howl's Moving Castle - Dianne Wynne Jones

* Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris

* Fool Moon - Jim Butcher

* Grave Peril - Jim Butcher

* Inkheart - Cornelia Funke

* The Tale of Desperaux - Kate DiCamillo

* The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld - Compiled by Stephen Briggs

13 comments :

Ladytink_534 said...

There are a few of these I've read, some I would like to re-read, and some are on my list to read.

Katie said...

I've been hearing good things about Sarah Dessen, and hoping to check into one (or more!) of her books soon. A few of the others here are also on my list! Happy Reading!

Karen Montgomery said...

You must have got lucky or a great deal on these books. Happy reading!

Rebecca Johnson said...

Karen: Yeah, I usually get a pretty good deal on second hand books. My library always has a for sale spindle out the front with 20c books, and the op-shop down the road from my uni always has cheap books. The prices vary depending on who's working that day, but I usually get 4-5 books for about $1

Beth F said...

You have some great books lined up! What a stack!

Serena said...

holy cow that's a ton of books. good show! Happy reading

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

What a great collection of books! Some really good ones there.. Hope you enjoy them all!

Literary Feline said...

I'm drooling from the sight of all those glorious books! :-) Happy Reading!

samantha.1020 said...

It looks like you checked out some great books! I've heard good things about John Green. Enjoy your books!

Alessandra said...

Wow, lots of good books here! I loved both This Lullaby and An Abundance of Katherines. And On Beauty is a good read, too.

Anonymous said...

I loved Blankets! Can't wait to hear what you think. :D

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

What a terrific haul - I love Coupland and Hey Nostradamus is on my reading pile. Great catch you got with the Dahl and Pratchett books :)

Eva said...

That is QUITE the haul! I didn't realise Blankets was so big. But it looks like a fun pile! :)