The Golden Compass Graphic Novel, Vol 1 - Philip Pullman (mini-review)

(mini-review x-post from Instagram)


Title: The Golden Compass Graphic Novel, Vol. 1
Series: His Dark Materials
Author:  Philip Pullman, Clément Oubrerie, and Stéphanie Melchior-Durand

Published: 
2015
Pages: 80





Pullman’s ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy has long been a favourite of mine so I quite eagerly anticipated getting my hands on the graphic novel... but, much like the film, I felt it fell flat of it’s potential. It’s not that it is a ‘bad’ graphic novel - just that it pales it comparison. The richness and beauty of the prose has been stripped away in favour of simplicity in language and art.

Recommended Age Group: 10+

Content Warnings: 
- some violence

Similar Reads:




 








Other Reviews Have you written a review for this book? I would love to include it, comment below and I'll add your link!

No comments :