Friday Firsts (Oct. 2)


Friday_Firsts 
This month, Wendy provided a list of first lines collated by Nancy Pearl, author of the Book Lust series.
Of the eight books on the list, I haven’t read any – in fact I didn’t even recognise them (so you’re two up on me, Wendy). The one I liked best, however, was from Dodie Smith’s I Capture the Castle:
“I write this sitting in the kitchen sink.”
How can that not draw you in? What are you doing in the kitchen sink? And why on earth would you choose this location to write in? Why??
At this point I’m not adding any to my tbr pile because it’s already toppling and I’m in fear of my life as is.

7 comments :

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I took my first line from a vampire dating manual. here is mine

She said...

I Capture the Castle was such a good book. A bit angering maybe but good! Great quote!

Jenners said...

I like the first line ... and I'm trying to remember if I read this or not. I think I might have but I'm not sure. More research is in order!!!

wendy elizabeth said...

and the winner is...Becca with five points in one og YAY! dstraight to the top of the FF score board

The Book Resort said...

I have an award 4 u:

http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/10/woot-woot-shout-it-out-i-won-superior.html

Elena said...

Awards ftw:

http://withextrapulp.com.au/?p=408

Jenny Girl said...

I'll dig you out from under Mt TBR!
Tally ho!