One… Two… Three… GO!

And we’re off! My first readathon! Whoo hoo!!! … can you tell I’m excited?

Last night I set up my staging area (yes, last night – leave me alone! I’m very excited!) so my readathon could start right on the dot – 11pm here in case you’re wondering.

I’ve taken up residence in the most comfy chair, with my favourite pillow and my favourite blanket – all of which involved undertaking battle with the cat to acquire. But I won (barely) and should be nice and cosy.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

And, of course, the number one ingredient for the readathon: a lovely stack of books!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I didn’t list them before in case I changed/added to them (which I did) but here’s the final list. There’s far more than I could ever dream of reading (I’m aiming for 4 or 5), but I sure had fun picking them.

  • Richard Atwell – Mr. Popper’s Penguin
  • Alex Bell – The Ninth Circle
  • Holly Black – The Good Neighbours, Book 1: Kin
  • Jim Butcher – Fool Moon
  • Meg Cabot – Boy Meets Girl
  • Suzanne Collins - Hunger Games
  • Kate DiCamillo – The Tale of Desperaux
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald – The Great Gatsby
  • Michael Jan Friedman –Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Hero Factor
  • Michael Jan Friedman –Star Trek: The Next Generation – Maelstrom
  • Neil Gaiman – Coraline
  • John Green – Paper Towns
  • Joe Haldeman – The Accidental Time Machine
  • Charlaine Harris – Living Dead in Dallas
  • Mallory Hoffman – Touched by a Vampire
  • Carrie Jones – Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend
  • Diane Wynne Jones – Howl’s Moving Castle
  • Hugh Lofting – Doctor Dolittle
  • Marr et al – Love is Hell
  • Arthur Miller – The Crucible
  • Christopher Paolini - Eragon
  • Sylvia Plath - Ariel
  • Emily Rodda – The Key to Rondo

2 comments :

Kaye said...

The first one is a fantastic read! of course, you can't go wrong if there is a penguin or 12 in the story. Happy reading.

caite said...

if I was in my favorite chair, with a pillow and a blankie...I would soon be asleep