And we’re off! My first readathon! Whoo hoo!!! … can you tell I’m excited?
Last night I set up my staging area (yes, last night – leave me alone! I’m very excited!) so my readathon could start right on the dot – 11pm here in case you’re wondering.
I’ve taken up residence in the most comfy chair, with my favourite pillow and my favourite blanket – all of which involved undertaking battle with the cat to acquire. But I won (barely) and should be nice and cosy.
And, of course, the number one ingredient for the readathon: a lovely stack of books!
I didn’t list them before in case I changed/added to them (which I did) but here’s the final list. There’s far more than I could ever dream of reading (I’m aiming for 4 or 5), but I sure had fun picking them.
- Richard Atwell – Mr. Popper’s Penguin
- Alex Bell – The Ninth Circle
- Holly Black – The Good Neighbours, Book 1: Kin
- Jim Butcher – Fool Moon
- Meg Cabot – Boy Meets Girl
- Suzanne Collins - Hunger Games
- Kate DiCamillo – The Tale of Desperaux
- F. Scott Fitzgerald – The Great Gatsby
- Michael Jan Friedman –Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Hero Factor
- Michael Jan Friedman –Star Trek: The Next Generation – Maelstrom
- Neil Gaiman – Coraline
- John Green – Paper Towns
- Joe Haldeman – The Accidental Time Machine
- Charlaine Harris – Living Dead in Dallas
- Mallory Hoffman – Touched by a Vampire
- Carrie Jones – Tips on Having a Gay (ex) Boyfriend
- Diane Wynne Jones – Howl’s Moving Castle
- Hugh Lofting – Doctor Dolittle
- Marr et al – Love is Hell
- Arthur Miller – The Crucible
- Christopher Paolini - Eragon
- Sylvia Plath - Ariel
- Emily Rodda – The Key to Rondo