Musing Mondays (10/1)

Musing Mondays is hosting by MizB at Should Be Reading

Musing Mondays2

Where is your favorite place to find new books to read?Blogs? The library? Newspapers? Magazines? In the backs of other books? Suggestions from friends/family? Online bookstores? On the shelves of the local bookstores? (I don’t necessarily mean, ‘where do you find books to buy’ — I mean, ‘where do you discover new titles that you add to your to-be-read lists’?).

 

 

For me, finding new books is split three ways: blogs, friends and the library.

If I’m looking to buy a book it is usually based on reviews I have read on various blogs, or on the recommendation of a small number of people whom make up what I refer to as my “booky friends”. My book buying budget is, regrettably, limited and even more pressing, the shelf space to store them is nearly out. So if I buy a book it is usually done after a bit of research.

If I’m just looking for a new book to read I head to the library. Once there I spot titles or authors that I have seen reviewed on the blogosphere (again, putting blogs back up there in place #1). I will occasionally pick up an unknown book based on title or cover, but it’s true that most of my ‘new’ books are picked up because I recognise them from reviews.

No comments :