BTT: Fifteen Favourites

Booking Through ThursdayIt’s been a while since I’ve done a BTT but I’ve been enjoying reading the various lists popping up here and there and couldn’t resist! It was harder than it looked though.

“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”

Here’s what I ended up with
  • Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
  • The Time Traveler's Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
  • To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
  • Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
  • A Little Princess – Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
  • The Lord of the Flies – William Golding
  • Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
  • Winnie the Pooh – A.A. Milne
  • Heidi – Joanna Spyri
  • The Wonderful Wizard of Oz – L. Frank Baum
  • Tuck Everlasting – Natalie Babbitt
  • The Amazing Adventures of Alice in Wonderland – Lewis Caroll
  • Peter Pan – J.M. Barrie
  • The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett.

I wasn’t surprised that my love of children’s literature came through strongly, but I surprised by how many ‘little girl’ books made it on the list: Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, A Little Princess, Heidi, The Secret Garden… And these are all on my absolute favourite list. There were all little girls that I wanted as my friend when I was a little girl. I also like that these books (except for Anne) where all books that were given to me as gifts when I was little.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I had to make a very conscious effort not to include any children's books (especially Enid Blyton) in this, although 'The Secret Garden' did slip in.

Love your list - barring the couple of books I haven't read, it could just as easily have been mine.

Kim said...

I really like your list Rebecca--great choices and I think you list points out what an affect early reading can have on a person!
*smiles*
Kim

Jenny Girl said...

I'ver never read Alice or the Secret Garden. I know its sacriledge :)