Virtual Walking Tour: Bookstack & Teddyree

virtual walking tour vickyIt’s been a while since I last did a Virtual Walking Tour post, but you see, I lost my compass.

Nah, not really :)

I wasn’t happy with the way I set it up and have only just now found the time to right it. While I am enjoying wandering in and out of people’s virtual living rooms (yes, that sounds creepy), I really wanted to get to know the bloggers themselves, so I was very happy to get the chance to question this weeks two bloggers:

 

Ravenous Reader from Bookstack
and
Teddyree from The Eclectic Reader

 

 

Ravenous Reader (Becca)

Explain the title of your blog: Bookstack from simply looking around my little office and noticing the stacks of books everywhere - the TBR stack; the library stack; the just finished stack...you get the idea!

How did you get into blogging? I started blogging on my 50th birthday, as a way to re-connect the creative side of my life, and get back into writing.  Becca's Byline, the blog I began at that time (and still maintain) is a slice-of-life blog, where I look at "life in general and my own in particular." I often wrote about books there, and decided to branch out and start an entire new blog dedicated to "all things bookish.”

What do you like best about blogging?  Definitely meeting so many interesting people from all over the world, without ever having to get out of my favorite chair!


What are the five books you would most like to recommend to anyone? That's a tough question...as an American literature major, I think I would recommend these books for the things they tell us about American society and history:

  • To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
  • The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
  • The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
  • Bridge of Sighs, by RIchard Russo

Teddyree (Sheree)

Explain the title of your blog: I really do have an eclectic taste in books, enjoying everything from historical fiction to horror, paranormals to suspense/thrillers, good romances, mysteries, fantasy, and a few thought provoking non fictions thrown in!

So (e'klektik) adj. choosing from various sources seemed liked a fitting start for a blog name.

How did you get into blogging? I started a blog about family life, scrapbooking and dealing with grief at the encouragement of my best friend in August 2008 and then decided I wanted to blog about my love of all things books. So in October 2008 The Eclectic Reader was born. I back-posted reviews for some books I'd read in the last couple of years, then after Christmas I got serious about my book blog. As you can see, I'm still quite a new blogger!

What do you like best about blogging? I love the fact that blogging gives me someone to share my excitement & love of books with. I'm the only reader in my family, anything to do with books or reading, well let's just say my husband & my teenage boys live under a rock. I kid you not!

I love sharing something that I'm passionate about, I love inspiring someone to read something they wouldn't normally, I love providing thoughtful reviews, I love getting comments on my blog, I love visiting other blogs and getting all this and more from fellow bloggers.

What are the five books you would most like to recommend to anyone? Oh that is so hard

  • The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (one of my favourite reads in 2009)
  • The Love Knot by Elizabeth Chadwick
  • Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (anything of hers actually)
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (Cross Stitch)
  • On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens
  • Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh  (yeah I know I can't count)s

Ooh Ooh and 2 really old favourites Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine & My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and anything by Phillipa Gregory if you're new to Historical Fiction & anything by Tess Gerritsen if you love medical suspense.

That really was hard, I could keep going and going and...

 

 

So I hope you enjoyed getting to know some of your fellow bloggers, I know I did! Head on over to their blogs to have a read!

8 comments :

Sandra said...

Very interesting. I enjoy this feature. And since both blogs are new to me I'm off to have a look see.

Teddyree said...

Thanks for visiting me on your walking tour, & posting about my blog. Pop in and say hello anytime. I'm off to check out The Book Stack, that's a new blog for me!

The Book Resort said...

What a great time I had, Rebecca!
Thanks!

The Book Resort said...

Isn't Teddy's blog so much fun! You gotta check out her Royal Reviews spot, too!

I'll be checking out The Book Stack now!

Jenners said...

This was wonderful! Really interesting but not too long. Gives you a good sense of their blogs and some book recommendations to boot! Love it!

wendy elizabeth said...

I agree I love your new format for your tour, very interesting to get to know some new book-bloggers. am off to visit them now *wanders vaguely...*

Jenny Girl said...

I did really enjoy it! I already know Teddy, but I'll have to stop by and check out Ravenous Reader too! Thanke Rebecca!

Serena said...

what a great Q&A with these bloggers. I look forward to your next tour...and when you decide to stop by savvy verse and wit.