Teaser Tuesday (June 16)

 Teaser Tuesdays Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

 

 

Lindgren - Pippi LongstockingSoon everyone in that little town knew that a nine-year-old girl was living alone in Villa Villekulla. The grown-ups in town, both the men and the women, did not approve in the least. All children needed to have someone to scold them, and all children needed to go to school and learn the multiplication tables. (42)

Pippi Longstocking – Astrid Lindgren

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Mine won't be up until tomorrow, but I wanted to say that my daughter and I loved this version of Pippi because of the illustrator.

Rebecca Johnson said...

Carol: I am too! My knowledge of Lauren Child is quite limited - a few episodes of Charlie and Lola and only one picture book, but I absolutely loved it. I think I spent more time looking at the pictures than reading the book!

Jenners said...

I loved Pippi Longstocking when I was a kid! But this is not the pictures I remember at all!!! Must be a newer version! The cover and Pippi look all wrong to me!