The Contest - Matthew Reilly

The Contest
Matthew Reilly


405 pages, published 1996



My cousin Joshua had lent me Matthew Reilly's Seven Ancient Wonders and its sequel Six Sacred Stones just after Christmas and I had really enjoyed them, which was somewhat odd, as ‘action-y’ novels aren’t usually my preference, so I thought I’d give some of his earlier novels a go.
When I learnt that his first novel took place in the New York Public Library I pretty much jumped at the chance to read it. It was not, however, at all what I had expected, being a science fiction novel about an interstellar competition where the last one standing (and still breathing) was the winner. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy it as much as SAW or SSS. It was a good book, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had read it first. 3/5

No comments :