Teaser Tuesday (May 19)

Teaser TuesdaysTeaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

 

NOTE: I haven’t really started this one yet, so I’m playing it safe and sticking with the opening sentences – I’m avoiding spoilers for me too!

 

Roy - The God Of Small Things

May in Ayemenem is a hot, brooding month. The days are long and humid.

The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy

4 comments :

wendy elizabeth said...

I know we can't discuss this book till bookclub but I can totally see why it won the Booker. pay attention in the first chapter it sets up the rest of the story (I had to read it 3 times)

Rebecca Johnson said...

How many times have we said "I know we can't talk about it till book club but..." :)

I started this this morning at the mechanics and read quite a bit. I honestly can't say if I like it or not, but it is certainly interesting. (And yes, I thought the first chapter was clever too, once I got the hang of it)

gautami tripathy said...

It is on my re-read list.

Here is my post

The Book Resort said...

Hot & humid... great visual.

Here's mine:
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/05/teaser-tuesdays_19.html